Wine-Poached Pears with Sweet Smart Yogurt Sauce
- Choose two of your favorite pears – Anjou, Bartlett, Bosc, etc.
- White wine – choose your favorite – 1/2 cup
- Nonfat yogurt – 1/2 cup plain,
- Sour Cream – 2 Tablespoons
- Sweet Smart Sweetener – 2 Tablespoons
- Add the wine to a sauce pot with lid and apply medium heat.
- Quarter each pear and trim out fibrous center and seeds.
- Place in sauce pot when wine is simmering.
- Poach for 5-7 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, Sweet Smart Sweetener and 1 Tablespoon of the poaching wine in a mixing bowl and whisk together until a uniform light orange color is achieved.
- Remove the pears, place two pear quarters on a dessert plate, and add 2 Tablespoons of the Sweet Smart Yogurt Sauce.
Nutrition: Makes 4 servings (two pear quarters) with each serving containing:
- 120 calories
- 2g fat (1.0g Sat. fat, 0.5g polyunsat. fat, 0.5g monounsat. Fat, Trans fat 0g)
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Sugars 12g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 4g
- Sodium 22mg
- Potassium 220mg
- Calcium 80mg (6% Daily Value)
- Vitamin B2 0.11mg (9% DV)
- Vitamin B12 0.2mg (9% DV)
- Vitamin C 4mg (4% DV)